The CRASPD team consists of
- the Center’s Coordinator and Head of the Department of Peace and Conflict Studies, Dr. Kazuyuki Sasaki,
- the Center’s Assistant Coordinator, Serge Muvunyi,
- Peace Program Officer Floriane Niyungeko, and
- International Peace Advisor, Anne Dietrich.
Our working language is English, but we speak Japanese, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, French and German, too.
Our team also works with the lecturers of the Faculty of Development Studies, the founding body of the Center, who join us in planning and carrying out consultancy work, research projects, and projects in support of local communities. Please, find all team members and their capacities below, or read more in our service profile.
- Fortunée Bayisenge Dean of Faculty of Development Studies, Senior Lecturer at PIASS: experienced in development studies, public policy and management, gender and development, policy analysis, strategic planning, and program evaluation
- Anne Dietrich, International Peace Advisor, Civil Peace Service GIZ: capacity building in participatory and experience based training, nonviolent conflict transformation, communication in conflict, and conflict sensitive programming
- Sang Hoon Lee, Lecturer at PIASS: project evaluation and management consultancy, based on more than 20 years of experience with international NGOs in various African and Asian countries
- Dr. Joséphine Mukabera, Lecturer at PIASS, Head of Department of Rural and Community Development: development project planning and evaluation, gender related training and projects, group facilitation, and research in social studies and projects. She is a trainer and supervisor in trauma and mental health care
- Serge Muvunyi, Assistant Coordinator CRASPD, Graduate of Peace & Conflict Studies program at PIASS: planning, organizing and facilitating conflict management workshops, reconciliation processes, supporting community reconciliation projects
- Celestin Nsengimana, Lecturer at PIASS: conflict sensitive programming, monitoring and evaluation of development and peace projects
- Dr. Kazuyuki Sasaki, Head of PIASS Peace & Conflict Studies program, Coordinator of CRASPD: restorative justice and reconciliation in peacebuilding, NGOs and peacebuilding and nonviolence and nonviolent action
- Gloriose Umuziranenge, Assistant Lecturer at PIASS, Head of Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Management: conflicts in natural resources, environment and sustainable development, climate change and development
- Dr. Penine Uwimbabazi, Lecturer at PIASS, Director of Quality Assurance: training facilitation, nonviolent conflict transformation , reconciliation, program monitoring and evaluation and constructive communication at work place
Stephen and Chol:
A volunteer goes back to the US, and a student intern heads up to graduation
In June, we bid farewell to Stephen Bryant, our volunteer from the Lutheran Church who had helped us tremendously by taking notes, proofreading texts, actively participating in workshops and trainings, and developing and improving this website. We cannot thank him enough for all the commitment, diligence and care that Stephen offered, often going beyond what we had asked him to do by asking clarifications, working faster than we had even asked him to, and contributing his thoughts and experiences in a humble and very helpful manner. In a small celebration, we bid farewell to Stephen who is now back to the US to continue his studies.